Welcome to The NSSEO Foundation, Inc.,
a 501 (c)(3) Organization
The Foundation was established in December of 1991 and recognized as a 501(c)(3) organization in 1993. The organization’s purpose is to secure and channel resources to support and promote the educational programs and services for students served by the Northwest Suburban Special Education Organization. Funding includes Spring Showcase of Arts and Crafts, Fall Magic Show, Mini-Grants, Memorial Donations, Change for Kids (Staff), Restaurant Fundraising Nights, Giving Tuesday, Birkebeiner Cross Country Event, Individual Donations, and Corporate Grant Giving.
The NSSEO Foundation is pleased to have provided support for many school program “mini-grant” projects including:
- Multisensory materials and real life experiences that bring academics alive for our students with significant disabilities including Butterfly Garden, A World Full of Stories, Chick Hatchery, and Chalkboard Art.
- Vocational projects to build job and independence skills including Healthy Snack Cart, Transition Cooking skills, Hygiene Kits for Homeless and Greenhouse, Garden and Grounds project
- Multisensory activity panel to improve the learning environment for students with autism.
- Support for social skills and social emotional learning activities including Lunch Bunch, MS Social Service Club, Deaf Hobby Club, Lego Club, VIP club, Emotional Fitness and Project Play
- Tactile graphics technology and amplification systems for students with visual or hearing challenges.
- A Homework Club to provide after school support to students with academic and behavioral needs
- Computerized devices to provide voices for children who do not speak.
- Software to generate therapy exercise programs for families to use at home.
- Parent Education Nights
Board of Directors
Lynn Davis | President
LuAnn Kelly | Vice President
Sue Ramstedt | Treasurer
John Kurth | Secretary
Bob Hess | Director
Cindy Marcinkowski | Director
Jim Platt | Director
Linda Sohn | Director
Sandy Neumann | Director
Mark Hamlen | Director
Save the Date
March 4 & 5, 2017 – 45th Annual Arts and Crafts Showcase
- Mini-Grants ↓
NSSEO staff are invited to apply for NSSEO Foundation, Inc. Mini-Grants at the beginning of each school year. Grants are open to certified and licensed staff, or professional teams of which include paraprofessionals.
Projects are encouraged to reflect these NSSEO Foundation, Inc. focus areas:
- Activities that are an extension of the classroom curriculum
- After-school programs and activities
- Transition activities with a focus on partnerships
- Projects focusing on other ideas will be considered
Priority will be given to projects that reflect research based strategies and techniques. Mini-grants are awarded up to $2,500 for projects that enhance the normal program budget supports, and may not supplant existing budgetary items. Services must be provided to special education students served by Northwest Suburban Special Education Organization.
The NSSEO Foundation, Inc. is always willing to consider additional mini-grants and larger grants on an individual basis throughout the year. Project proposals for funding by the NSSEO Foundation, Inc. are subject to committee review and approval of proposals is at the discretion of the committee.
An application is available on this webpage.
The NSSEO Foundation, Inc. is a 501 (c)(3) charitable organization.
Donations and memorial gifts are tax deductible.
Donations can be made by check to:
The NSSEO Foundation, Inc.
799 W Kensington Road, Mt Prospect, IL 60056
If you prefer to donate online, click on the provided Paypal link.
Corporate matching gifts are gratefully accepted, end of year summaries and thank you letters are sent to both individual donors and companies.
In kind donations for special event raffles are needed twice a year for our Fall Magic Show and the Spring Showcase of Arts and Crafts. Donation letters for tax purposes are provided.
Memorial and Honor Giving
A donation to the NSSEO Foundation, Inc. is a thoughtful way to honor someone’s life. Your gift will help the Foundation secure resources to support the educational programs and services for the students served by Northwest Suburban Special Education Organization. So the family can be made aware that a donation has been received to commemorate their loved one, please fill out the Memorial and Honor Giving form by accessing it through the link provided as well as making the donation through the Paypal link provided below.
The NSSEO Foundation, Inc. actively seeks grant funding opportunities. Organizations interested in supporting the activities of the Foundation are encouraged to contact us!
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Marcia at 847-463-8100.
- Spring Showcase↓
The NSSEO Foundation, Inc. hosts the annual Spring Showcase of Arts and Crafts. Over 100 artists and craftsmen participated in our March, 2016 showcase. The show featured 100% American made products, a Bake Sale, raffle of our Artist’s work, a cafe serving breakfast and lunch, shuttle bus service, and the work of a number of our student artists.
Save the Date for Next Year’s Show:
The 45th annual Spring Showcase of Arts and Crafts.
March 4 and 5, 2017
Kirk School, 520 S Plum Grove Road, Palatine IL
For more information contact | email@example.com
- Foundation Brochure↓