We believe technology transforms the way we teach and how students learn. It allows a child with special needs to reach their potential and exceed. Technology gives a child a voice, fosters independence, and allows students to succeed in their school, home, and community environments. When we use technology effectively it opens doors for students that otherwise may be closed. Technology in NSSEO includes instructional technology, assistive technology and informational technology. These branches work together to provide services to students and staff to foster improved outcomes for students.
799 West Kensington Road
Mount Prospect, IL 60056-1111
Mary Ann McGinn
847-463-8120 | firstname.lastname@example.org
AT Coordinator: Susan Mahoney
847-463-8142 | email@example.com
Technology Administrative Assistant:
847-463-8190 | firstname.lastname@example.org
AT Administrative Assistant:
847-463-8131 | email@example.com
- Focus ↓
The Instructional Technology Department utilizes technology to support curriculum, instruction and assessment. Providing 21st century tools, such as iPads, SmartBoards, response systems, digital cameras, laptops, multimedia and online learning, enables teachers to engage students, differentiate learning, and improve student outcomes. Professional Development, coaching and consultation provides support to schools and classroom teams to maximize student learning.
The Assistive Technology Department helps teams in the consideration, acquisition, implementation and effective monitoring of assistive technology. This is accomplished through the use of trials of low tech through high tech tools to provide augmentative and /or alternative communication and individualized supports to help students’ access curriculum and achieve success in their educational program.
The Informational Technology Department provides a robust network of wired and wireless devices, telecommunications and the infrastructure necessary to support administrative, instructional and assistive technologies. It provides the tools necessary for student learning and for staff to do their jobs effectively.
- Who We Are ↓
Who We Are
Our technology team consists of highly qualified special education teachers, speech and language pathologists, program assistants, network administrator, database manager, building level technicians and technology liaisons.
Our instructional and assistive technology team members keep informed of current knowledge and skills in the field by attending and presenting at local, state and national conferences on educational and assistive technology.
- Services ↓
- Coaching and consultation with special education staff, general education staff and parents
- Assessment and training in use of augmentative and alternative communication devices and supports
- Lending library of books, software, assistive technology devices and curriculum materials
- Modification of instructional materials
- Networking opportunities for member district Assistive Technology Coordinators
- Infinitec North Liaison Representative for NSSEO programs and member districts
- Coordination and implementation of subscription services for staff and students
- On line Help Desk for technology support
- Calendar of Professional Development ↓
The following link will give you access to all of the Curriculum & Technology and the Professional Development sessions being hosted by NSSEO.
Questions regarding the on-line registration process may be directed to Karen Fidler | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classroom / Workshop Handouts ↓
Classroom / Workshop Handouts
PowerPoint Presentation: AAC Apps / Features →
PowerPoint Presentation: Boardmaker Presentation →
PowerPoint Presentation: Let’s Talk About PECS →
PowerPoint Presentation: Social Pragmatic Language →
PowerPoint Presentation: Social Skills – Palatine High School →
PowerPoint Presentation: Social Thinking →
- Contact Directory ↓
Find Someone Who Can Assist You by Going to our Assistive and Instructional Technology Staff Directory →
- Forms / Guidelines / Referral ↓
Forms / Guidelines / Referral
iPad Handbook → (The pages in this handbook should be printed out back to back.)
A group buy is a great opportunity to receive amazing products at a discounted price, which the vendors are only offering to Infinitec Coalition Members. The vendors are picked by our Group Buy Committee based on the feedback from Coalition members and the success of previous Group Buys. Please follow the following instructions to insure that you receive your product in a timely manner. Infinitec’s Group Buy will runs from April 15, 2016 to December 15, 2016. Here are the vendors offering discounts for FY17 (Fiscal Year 2017).
Group Buy Order Forms from Infinitec:
Group Buy Directions:
1. Go to Member Services in the main set of tabs on the home page.
2. Click on Group Buy in the dropdown.
3. Click on Group Buy FY 17 on the dropdown on the left side of the page
4. Click on the vendor of your choice for the order form.
5. Fill out the Infinitec Group Buy order form with contact information.
6. Make Purchase Order out to the COMPANY who makes the product: Unique Learning Systems & News-2-You, Attainment, Don Johnston, Cadan Group Buy, or Cadan.
(DO NOT make your Purchase Orders out to UCP/Infinitec.)
7. Fax or Mail forms & Purchase Orders to: Crystal Shields, Fax: 708.444.4204 or Infinitec Southwest, 7550 West 183rd Street, Tinley Park IL 60477
8. Please send all checks and make all checks payable to the company who makes the product—DO NOT make check out to UCP/Infinitec. They will be returned.
- Newsletters / Technology Plan ↓
Newsletters / Technology Plan
- Quick Sheets / Guidelines↓
Quick Sheets and Guidelines
Boardmaker Plus v6
Discovery Education Streaming
The following links are to Quicksheet PDF handouts:
Calendar Docs Drawings Drive Forms Google+ Sheets Slides