Welcome to Sunrise Lake Outdoor Education Center (SLOEC)
The outdoor education environment at Sunrise Lake Outdoor Education Center (SLOEC) provides students the opportunity to learn experientially. Educational objectives are supported through guided direct experiences using nature’s resources. The outdoor education classroom supports the development of self-determination and instills the basic elements of teamwork.
|Follow us on Twitter|
Outdoor Education Specialist
Bryan Bolger | firstname.lastname@example.org
Rowena Osburn | email@example.com
- Focus ↓
Sunrise Lake Outdoor Education Center (SLOEC) provides participants with a wide range of experiential learning opportunities that reinforce learning goals and objectives. We support students of all abilities, preschool through high school (ages 3-21) and adult groups. Classroom teachers utilize Sunrise Lake as an extension of their classroom and consult with an experiential education teacher to create lesson plans/daily schedules. Students participate in experiential activities tailored to their IEP goals and lesson plan objectives that correlated to Illinois Learning Standards. Seasonal educational and recreational activities also support the learning needs of students. Customized adult training using an experienced-based methodology is available upon request.
- Who We Are ↓
Who We Are
We are a dedicated team of five that include an Outdoor Education Specialist, Outdoor Education Teacher, Outdoor Education Assistant, Administrative Assistant, and Maintenance Custodial Staff.
- Services ↓
- Customized experiences created specifically for visiting programs
- Experiential lessons designed to align with academic and behavioral goals and objectives
- Seasonal activities such as boating, canoeing, swimming, archery, nature hikes, fishing, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and crafts
- Exploration of nature through sensory awareness and active participation
- Application of classroom objectives in the outdoor environment
- Development of social skills aligned with the state Social Emotional Learning Standards
- Vocational worksite opportunities
- Team Initiative Course (TIC)
- Universal Challenge Course (UCC)
- Outdoor classrooms
- Corporate Team Initiative Program (CTIP
- Annual Reports↓
- Contact Directory ↓
Let us help you find someone to assist you.
- The Corporate Team Initiative Program↓
The Corporate Team Initiative Program
The Sunrise Lake CTIP program is a sequence of outdoor and indoor activities tailored to help you and your team.
- Evaluations ↓
- Request for Use↓
Request for Use Form