The NSSEO Governing Board consists of eight board members. Each NSSEO member district appoints one of its elected Board members to represent their district on the NSSEO Governing Board. This Board establishes policy, oversees financial plans and supports program development to ensure that NSSEO programs and services are meeting the needs of the member districts. Board representatives serve on the following NSSEO committees: Finance Committee, Safety Committee, Insurance Committee, Policy Committee, and Negotiations. They also participate in a variety of NSSEO related activities.
NSSEO Board of Education documents and policies will be available on-line by accessing BoardDocs, an electronic document system. BoardDocs provides the District an electronic means for posting policies and supporting documents, and will enable quick and easy searches of online materials within its system.
COVID-19 BOARD OF EDUCATION DETAILS
As regulations and recommendations from the CDC and Governor’s Office continue to change, we will continue to adapt how all Board meetings will function. For example, that might include changes to the location, changes to the allowed attendance number, a change of how the meeting is held (live/in-person or via Zoom), etc. Please note that as dates and details change we will do our best to inform the public on social media, via email, and post changes on our website.
PUBLIC COMMENT GUIDELINES
The Board will receive Public Comment for up to three minutes and follow the guidelines listed below. Such comments should not include discussion of personnel matters, which instead should be brought to the attention of the administration.
The individuals appearing before the Board are expected to follow these guidelines:
- Sign in on the sheet provided in the Board meeting room.
- Address the Board only at the appropriate time as indicated on the agenda and when recognized by the Board President.
- Identify oneself and be respectful of the time limits. Each individual’s comments shall be limited to three (3) minutes to allow more individuals the opportunity to speak.
- Observe the Board President’s discretion to end the public comment period at any time after thirty (30) minutes to allow time for the Board to conduct business listed on the Board’s agenda.. The Board President, with approval of the Board, may resume public comment at the end of the meeting.
- Observe the Board President’s decision to determine procedural matters regarding public participation not otherwise covered in Board policy.
- Conduct oneself with respect and civility toward others and otherwise abide by Board Policy 8:30, Visitors to and Conduct on School Property.
Petitions or written correspondence to the Board shall be presented to the Board in the next Board packet.
NSSEO Governing Board Meeting Dates 2023-2024
The following dates have been approved for the regular monthly meetings of the NSSEO Governing Board.
They are held on the first Wednesday of each month (unless otherwise specified) at 7:00 p.m. at the NSSEO Central Administration Building, 799 W. Kensington Road, Mt. Prospect, IL.